Table of content
- What Is the LEGO Return and Refund Policy?
- Does LEGO Offer Exchanges?
- How to Return a LEGO Item
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Can You Return Opened LEGO Sets?
- How Can I Return a LEGO Product That I Received as a Gift With Purchase?
- How Can I Return LEGO Products Without a Receipt?
- Can I Return an Opened LEGO Set to Target?
- Can I Return a LEGO Set from Amazon?
- Can You Trade in Legos at the LEGO Store?
- How To Contact LEGO
- Final Thoughts
Lego is known for its high quality and durability, as well as its creativity and innovation. The company's motto is "Only the best is good enough", and it strives to provide excellent customer service and satisfaction. Occasionally, you may encounter some issues with your Lego purchase, and you may want to send it back or swap it for another product. This could happen whether you bought it from a website or a physical shop. In this post, we will explain everything you need to know about Lego's return and refund policy.
What Is the LEGO Return and Refund Policy?
Lego's return and refund policy varies depending on where you bought your Lego product and how long ago you bought it. Here are the general rules:
- If you bought your Lego product from the official Lego website, you can return it within 90 days of purchase for a full refund or exchange, as long as it is in its original condition and packaging. You will need to provide your order number and proof of purchase.
- If you bought your Lego product from a Lego store, you can return it within 30 days of purchase for a full refund or exchange, as long as it is in its original condition and packaging. You will need to provide your receipt or gift receipt.
- If you bought your Lego product from another retailer (such as Target, Amazon, Walmart, etc.), you will need to follow their return and refund policy, which may differ from Lego's. You will need to contact them directly for more information.
Once the return has been received, your refund will be processed within 14 days. The refund will be made to the original payment method used for the order. The cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund amount.
Does LEGO Offer Exchanges?
Lego does offer exchanges for products that you bought from their website or stores, within the time frames mentioned above. You can exchange your product for another one of the same value or higher (in which case you will need to pay the difference), or lower (in which case you will receive a refund for the difference). You can also exchange your product for a gift card or store credit.
How to Return a LEGO Item
If you want to return a Lego item that you bought from their website or store, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Contact Lego customer service by phone or email to request a return authorization number (RAN). You will need to provide your order number or receipt number, as well as the reason for your return.
- Pack your item securely in its original packaging, along with the RAN and proof of purchase. Include any accessories or free gifts that came with your item.
- Attach the prepaid shipping label that Lego will send you by email to the outside of your package. If you don't have a printer, you can write the RAN and address on the package yourself.
- Drop off your package at any UPS location or schedule a pickup online.
- Wait for Lego to receive and process your return. You will receive an email confirmation when your refund or exchange is completed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Return Opened LEGO Sets?
You can return opened Legos that you bought from their website or store, as long as they are in their original condition and packaging. However, if you have built or assembled your Legos, you may not be able to return them unless they are defective or damaged. In that case, you will need to contact Lego customer service for assistance.
How Can I Return a LEGO Product That I Received as a Gift With Purchase?
If you received a free gift with your purchase from Lego, you will need to return the gift as well if you want to return your product. If you want to keep the gift, you will need to pay its full value or exchange it for another product of equal or higher value. If you received a promotional code or voucher with your purchase, you will not be able to use it again if you return your product.
How Can I Return LEGO Products Without a Receipt?
If you want to return a Lego product that you bought from a Lego store, but you don't have your receipt or gift receipt, you may still be able to return it within 30 days of purchase, as long as it is in its original condition and packaging. However, you will only receive a store credit or exchange, not a refund. You will also need to provide a valid photo ID and the original payment method.
Can I Return an Opened LEGO Set to Target?
The return and refund policy of Target may not be the same as Lego’s. So, if you bought a Lego set from Target, you should follow their rules. Target’s website says that you can get a refund or exchange for most items that are new and unopened, as long as you return them within 90 days of buying them. But some items have different rules, which you can find on your receipt or packing slip. To return an item, you also need to show your receipt or order number and the way you paid for it.
Can I Return a LEGO Set from Amazon?
Lego’s return and refund policy may not apply if you bought a Lego set from Amazon. You should check Amazon’s website for their rules. They say that you can get your money back for most items that they sold and sent to you, if you send them back within 30 days of getting them. However, some items may have a different return window or policy, which will be indicated on the product detail page or in your order confirmation email. You will need to request a return authorization from Amazon and print out a prepaid shipping label. You can also choose to drop off your package at an Amazon Locker or a UPS location.
Can You Trade in Legos at the LEGO Store?
You cannot trade in Legos at the Lego store. However, you can sell or donate your used Legos to other people or organizations that may be interested in them. For example, you can check out BrickLink, an online marketplace for buying and selling Lego parts and sets. You can also visit BrickRecycler.com, a website that accepts donations of used Legos and distributes them to children in need.
How To Contact LEGO
If you have any questions or issues regarding your Lego purchase, return, or refund, you can contact Lego customer service by mail, phone, or email. Here are their contact details:
Mail: LEGO Systems Inc., 555 Taylor Road, Enfield CT 06082
Phone: 1-800-835-4386 (Monday-Friday: 8am-10pm EST; Saturday-Sunday: 10am-6pm EST)
Email: [email protected]
Lego's return and refund policy is fairly generous and flexible, allowing customers to return or exchange their products within 90 days of purchase from their website or 30 days of purchase from their store. However, customers who bought their products from other retailers will need to follow their respective policies, which may vary. Customers will also need to provide proof of purchase and return their products in their original condition and packaging.
Based on our research and experience, we give Lego's return and refund policy a score of 4 out of 5 stars. We think that Lego offers a good customer service and satisfaction, but there is still room for improvement. For example, Lego could extend their return window for store purchases to match their website purchases, or offer free returns for all customers regardless of where they bought their products.