Table of content
- The Bergdorf Goodman Return Policy
- Can You Return an Item to Bergdorf Goodman Without The Receipt?
- Can You Return an Item to Bergdorf Goodman Without its Original Package/Box?
- What's The Bergdorf Goodman Return Window?
- Does Bergdorf Goodman Offer Full Refunds?
- How long do Bergdorf Goodman refunds take?
- Can You Return a Bergdorf Goodman Online Purchase to a Store?
- What is the Bergdorf Goodman customer service phone number?
- Does Bergdorf Goodman offer chat support?
- How to return a Bergdorf Goodman item
- How to check Bergdorf Goodman order status
- What Items Cannot be Returned to Bergdorf Goodman?
- Bergdorf Goodman's Return Policy Score
The Bergdorf Goodman Return Policy
Because Bergdorf Goodman has an incredibly high-end reputation to uphold, their return policy is on the stricter side. While many stores with looser return policies can discard returned items that are in less than prime condition, this isn't necessarily the case with Bergdorf. Discarding a single return could easily result in a loss of thousands of dollars.
For this reason, Bergdoft Goodman requires that all eligible items be returned:
- Within 30 days of purchase
- In the same condition as when they were purchased, complete with original tags and/or packaging.
- Unworn, unused, undamaged, and in "salable" condition.
Additionally, the store reserves the right to deem exactly what "salable" means. On a brighter note, Bergdorf Goodman does offer a form of price protection. There's nothing worse than buying an item at full price, only to see it offered at a discount days later. If this should happen to you within 10 days of making a purchase, Bergdorf Goodman does offer to refund the difference through a free price adjustment.
Can You Return an Item to Bergdorf Goodman Without The Receipt?
While it will likely make things a bit easier if you do have proof of purchase, it's not impossible to return an item or request a Bergdorf Goodman exchange without receipt. One of the benefits of registering for a free Bergdorf Goodman account is being able to access your purchase history at any time.
Even if you don't still have your receipt, you'll be able to create a return slip online using your order number and phone number or email address. Just print out the slip and you'll be able to use it to execute a return or exchange.
Additionally, you may be able to use your credit card statement as proof of purchase if you can locate the transaction. If you want to return a gift item and don't have enough information to create a return slip, then contact customer service to review your options.
Can You Return an Item to Bergdorf Goodman Without its Original Package/Box?
Due to the considerations discussed above, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to return an item to Bergdorf Goodman unless it's in pristine condition. This means that it should more or less be ready to go right back on the shelf or rack.
That said, if you are a frequent customer who rarely requests refunds or exchanges, then it may be worth it to you to speak to a customer service representative to review your options. Bergdorf tends to attract an elite clientele, so if you're a frequent shopper, there's a good chance they'll do what they can to keep you happy.
What's The Bergdorf Goodman Return Window?
Bergdorf Goodman's return period varies depending on how you made your purchase. In-store purchases are eligible for return and exchange for 30 days from the original purchase date.
Items received in the mail are eligible to be returned for free within 15 days of their delivery date, as long as they meet the return criteria specified above.
The only exception is clearance items, which will be subject to the same $9.95 return fee as items returned 15 days after delivery.
The Bergdorf Goodman return policy isn't incredibly specific about how much time is allowed for gift items. If you received an item as a gift and do not have the order number, your best bet is to contact customer service to discuss your options.
Does Bergdorf Goodman Offer Full Refunds?
As long as you adhere to Bergdorf Goodman's stringent return policy, you shouldn't have an issue getting a full refund. The only major exception is for gift returns.
According to Bergdorf Goodman's return policy, gift returns will be issued in the form of a Neiman Marcus gift card credit. This is a tad ironic given that Neiman Marcus does not accept returns from Bergdorf Goodman. Regardless, it makes a bit more sense when you realize that the gift card in question can be used to make purchases from not only Neiman Marcus, but also Bergdorf Goodman, Horchow, and Last Call.
There is a notable exception when it comes to gift returns with a value of over $2,000. In these cases, federal law requires that you be refunded with a check for the value of the merchandise.
How long do Bergdorf Goodman refunds take?
Refunds are credited back to the original form of payment you used to make the purchase and typically take between 10 and 14 days to clear.
Can You Return a Bergdorf Goodman Online Purchase to a Store?
If you happen to be in New York City, then you can indeed return online purchases to Bergdorf Goodman in person. Just be sure to create and print a return slip online and bring it to the store along with your merchandise. It's important to note, however, that Neiman Marcus and Last Call locations cannot process returns from Bergdorf Goodman.
Whether you purchased your item in-store or online, then your best bet may be to return it by mail if you are outside the New York City metro area. You'll want to return any items, prepaid and insured, to the store along with a copy of your receipt or return slip to ensure easy processing. Given the expense of many of the store's items, it's also not a bad idea to use a trackable shipping method to ensure your item arrives safely.
The only exception applies to international orders. As of mid-2020, Bergdorf Goodman halted international purchases and shipping and no longer accepts international mail returns. While this situation was initially supposed to be temporary, there have been no updates on when or if the store expects to resume international shipping options.
If you have any questions about the return process, then feel free to reach out to Bergdorf Goodman's customer service department.
What is the Bergdorf Goodman customer service phone number?
The Bergdorf Goodman customer service phone number is 1(888)-774-2424 and is available from 6 am until Midnight CT, 7 days a week.
You can also contact customer service via text message any time at 1(972)-476-8536.
Does Bergdorf Goodman offer chat support?
Yes, head to the Bergdorf Goodman contact page and click on the "Live Chat" box at the bottom of the screen.
If you prefer to reach out by email, you can fill out a form on the store's website or send inquiries to [email protected].
How to return a Bergdorf Goodman item
There are several options when it comes to how to return a Bergdorf Goodman item. Which you choose will likely come down to whether or not you're located within a reasonable distance of the store's lone physical location in NYC.
In-Store Returns and Exchanges
- If you want to return an item in-store, then first you'll want to make sure that it's still in pristine enough condition to adhere to Bergdorf Goodman's return policy.
- If you purchased the item in-store, then make sure you take along your receipt or proof of purchase. If you purchased the item online, then click here to start your return slip. Once complete, make sure you print it and take it to the store along with your merchandise.
- Take the item and proof of purchase to the store within 30 days and any Bergdorf Goodman store associate will be able to assist you with your return or exchange.
- As with in-store returns, you'll want to make sure that your item qualifies as returnable in order to avoid any delays. If you have any questions in this regard, then it's not a bad idea to reach out to Bergdorf Goodman customer service in advance.
- Create and print a return slip using your order number, which can be located in the order history of your Bergdorf Goodman account.
- The return slip creation process will walk you through how to receive a return by mail for free within 15 days of your item's delivery date.
- If you are returning merchandise after 15 days of your delivery date or if your return is a clearance item, then be aware that a $9.95 will apply.
- Be aware that, due to federal regulations, you'll want to use ground-only transport for the return of some items. These include things that could be considered hazardous materials, such as beauty products that come in pressurized aerosol cans or items that contain alcohol.
- You may also want to consider insuring your package and/or using trackable shipping, especially if you're returning a valuable item.
Returning Gift Items
Gift items purchased from Bergdorf Goodman can be returned either in-store or through the mail. Before initiating your return, you'll want to create and print a gift return slip using the item's order number. If you do not have a gift receipt or access to the order number, then you'll want to reach out to customer service to find out your options.
How to check Bergdorf Goodman order status
Checking your order Bergdorf Goodman order status is relatively easy, especially if you have a free account. Simply sign in to your account to check your order status, update delivery options, or track your order or order history.
If you do not have a Bergdorf Goodman account or checked out as a guest, then it still may be possible to track your order. Follow this link and then enter your order number and email address or phone number.
What Items Cannot be Returned to Bergdorf Goodman?
While certain items cannot be returned to Bergdorf Goodman, none of them are incredibly surprising. The store cannot accept returns on clothing that has been worn or altered, special orders, perishable or personalized items, cloth face mask coverings, or items marked "final sale."
Additionally, the store reserves the right to determine whether or not items can be returned based on whether or not they are still in "salable" condition.
Can You Return a Neiman Marcus Item to Bergdorf Goodman?
Last but not least, Bergdorf Goodman does not offer returns or exchanges for items purchased at Neiman Marcus, Last Call, or any other retail store.
Bergdorf Goodman's Return Policy Score
We give Bergdorf Goodman a return policy score of 4.5/5 overall, due to the fact that it's pretty strict. In all fairness, the store's stringent policy is understandable considering the luxury nature of the products they sell.
The major downside, of course, is that the store only has one physical location. As a result, the vast majority of their shoppers never have to opportunity to try on clothing before making a purchase. That's why it's important to try on any online purchases you receive as soon as they arrive and initiate a refund as soon as possible if they don't work out.